An official website of the United States government
Here's how you know
A .mil website belongs to an official U.S. Department of Defense organization in the United States.
A lock (lock ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .mil website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Newcomers - Passports and ID Cards


PassportsThere is no passport office here at Kunsan AB. The closest facility is at Osan AB which is about 2 hours north of here. You do not need a passport to enter the country on military orders; however, you will need one for some travel opportunities. We highly recommend and encourage you to obtain a Tourist Passport prior to departing your current duty station.

ID Cards
The Kunsan ID Cards Office is located in Bldg 755, Room 119. We offer the following services: Initial issue and renewal of Common Access Card (CAC), Dependent ID Cards, Retirement ID, Out-processing, Certificate updates, Resets of PINs and blocked CACs, DD 1172 print-outs, DEERS enrollment and marriage and divorce updates.

Office Hours: Monday to Friday, 0800 to 1600.

Every CAC must be registered with DBIDS to authorize personnel access to one or more military installations. Upon arrival, your sponsor will take you to the Pass and ID to get your CAC updated in the DBIDS System.


Current as of April 14, 2021