Free Tax Preparation for Kunsan Members

  • Published
  • By 8th Fighter Wing Judge Advocate
  • 8th Fighter Wing Judge Advocate
Tax season is upon us. As a military member stationed overseas, you have until June to file, but why wait? Your unit tax advisors are trained and ready to answer any questions you may have and file your income taxes today.

Last year, the program saved Kunsan Airmen more than $18,000 in preparation fees and returned to them $247,623 in refunds. This year, we're ready to do even better.
Contact your first sergeant to find out who your unit tax advisor is or, if you're single without dependents, just walk in to the legal office on Wednesdays between 9 and 11 a.m.

Start collecting your statements relating to wage and income like W-2s, mortgage payments, bank account interest, stock investments, and any other tax forms you may have received.

You were probably mailed copies, but can also find all of this online and you'll need it to accurately file. You'll also want to bring your bank routing and account numbers, social security numbers of your dependents, and, if you're married, a power of attorney from your spouse.

Contact Staff Sgt. Martina McKoy, 8th Fighter Wing Judge Advocate, at 782-7237 for more information.