Colonel Steven C. Anderson is the Commander, 8th Maintenance Group, Kunsan Air Base, Republic of Korea. As the Group Commander, he is responsible for the daily flying and maintenance operations, intermediate level maintenance, component repair and maintenance training for a combat wing with approximately 50 permanently assigned F-16 fighter jet aircraft. He controls and allocates resources, directs the activities of more than 1,200 personnel, manages an annual budget of more than $650K and develops and implements plans to meet wing operational taskings.
Col. Anderson received his commission as a Distinguished Graduate from the Air Force ROTC program at Utah State University in 1996. He has held staff positions in Special Operations Command and Headquarters Air Force. He has deployed in support of Operations ENDURING FREEDOM and INHERENT RESOLVE. Prior to his current position, the colonel was Deputy Commander, 309th Aircraft Maintenance Group, Ogden Air Logistics Complex, Hill Air Force Base, Utah.
1996 Bachelor of Science, Biology, Utah State University, Logan
2001 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2004 Masters of Arts in Education, Touro University International, Calif.
2005 Master of Logistics Management, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
2008 Master of Military Operational Art and Science, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2008 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2013 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
1. October 1996 - December 1997, Assistant Sortie Generation Flight Commander, 62nd Aircraft Generation Squadron, McChord AFB, Wash.
2. January 1998 - November 1999, Operations Officer, 62nd Logistics Support Squadron, McChord AFB, Wash.
3. December 1999 - January 2001, Fabrication Flight Commander, 4th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C
4. February 2001 - September 2001, Logistics Training Flight Commander, 4th LSS, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
5. October 2001 - February 2002, Sortie Generation Flight Commander, 333rd Fighter Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
6. March 2002 - July 2002, Squadron Maintenance Officer, 333rd FS, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
7. August 2002 - July 2003, Quality Assurance Flight Commander, 51st MXG, Osan AB, Republic of Korea
8. August 2003 - March 2005, Student, Graduate Program, Logistics Management, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
9. April 2005 - July 2007, Chief of Logistics Requirements, Plans, Programs Requirements and Assessments Directorate (A5), Headquarters Air Force, Special Operations Command, Hurlburt Field, Fla. (May 2006 – September 2006, A4 Director, 16th Expeditionary Special Operations Squadron, Bagram Field, Afghanistan)
10. August 2007 - June 2008, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
11. July 2008 - June 2010, Commander, 20th Maintenance Operations Squadron, Shaw AFB, S.C.
12. July 2010 - July 2012, Commander, 51st Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Osan AB, Republic of Korea
13. August 2012 - August 2014, Deputy Director of Logistics, 5th Air Force, Yokota AB, Japan (October 2013 – March 2014, Commander, 602nd Training Group (Provisional), Detachment 4, Fort Bliss, Texas)
14. August 2014 - August 2017, Deputy Commander, 388th MXG, Hill AFB, Utah (March 2017 – July 2017, Commander, 447 Expeditionary Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Incirlik AB, Turkey)
15. September 2017 - July 2018, Deputy Commander, 309th Aircraft Maintenance Group, Ogden Air Logistics Complex, Hill AFB, Utah
16. July 2018 - Present, Commander, 8th MXG, Kunsan AB, Republic of Korea
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with six oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Army Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Army Achievement Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
“Analysis of USAF F-16 Aircraft Basing Alternatives on the Korean Peninsula,” Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio, Mar 21, 2005
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Aug. 16, 1996
First Lieutenant Aug. 16, 1998
Captain Aug. 16, 2000
Major Aug. 1, 2006
Lieutenant Colonel Nov. 1, 2011
Colonel Jan. 1, 2018
(Current as of June 2018)