Col. Andrew B. Huntoon is the Commander, 8th Maintenance Group, Kunsan Air Base, Republic of Korea. As the Group Commander, he is responsible for the daily flying and maintenance operations, intermediate level maintenance, component repair and maintenance training for a combat wing with approximately 50 permanently assigned F-16 fighter jet aircraft. He controls and allocates resources, directs the activities of more than 1,200 personnel, manages an annual budget of more than $650K and develops and implements plans to meet wing operational taskings.
Colonel Huntoon entered the Air Force in 1997 after receiving his commission through the Air Force ROTC program at Kent State University, Kent, Ohio. Colonel Huntoon is a graduate of the U.S. Advanced Maintenance and Munitions Operations School and is a career aircraft maintenance officer with experience on multiple fighter and heavy aircraft Mission Design Series. Colonel Huntoon has served in a variety of maintenance, logistics and personnel assignments at the wing, direct reporting unit, and Headquarters Air Force levels to include two tours as a squadron commander and one as a deputy group commander. He has deployed in support of Operations NORTHERN WATCH, SOUTHERN WATCH, ENDURING FREEDOM and IRAQI FREEDOM. Prior to his current assignment, Colonel Huntoon was the Deputy Commander, 57th Maintenance Group, 57th Wing, Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada.
1997 Bachelor of Science in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Kent State University, Ohio
2003 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2004 Advanced Maintenance and Munitions Officer School, Nellis AFB, Nev.
2009 Masters in Aerospace Science, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach, Fla.
2010 U.S. Army Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, Kan.
2016 Air War College, by correspondence
1. October 1997 – October 1999, Fabrication Flight Commander, 48th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, and Sortie Generation Flight Assistant Officer in Charge, 492d Fighter Squadron, Royal Air Force Lakenheath, England
2. October 1999 – November 2002, Maintenance Flight Commander and Maintenance Supervisor, 23d Maintenance Squadron, as well as Sortie Generation Flight Commander, 75th Fighter Squadron, Pope Air Force Base, N.C.
3. November 2002 – May 2006, Aircraft Maintenance Flight Commander and Maintenance Operations Officer, 22d Maintenance Squadron, as well as Officer in Charge, Eagle Aircraft Maintenance Unit and Maintenance Operations Officer, 22d Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, McConnell AFB, Kan.
4. May 2006 – June 2009, Chief of Company Grade Officer Assignments and Action Officer, Commanders Action Group, Air Force Personnel Center, Randolph AFB, Texas
5. June 2009 – July 2010, Student, U.S. Army Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, Kan.
6. July 2010 – July 2011, Commander, 455th Expeditionary Maintenance Squadron, Bagram Air Field, Afghanistan
7. July 2011 – June 2013, Chief, Combat Air Forces Branch and Operations Officer, Weapons Systems Division, Directorate of Logistics, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
8. June 2013 – July 2015, Commander, 757th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Nellis AFB, Nev.
9. July 2015 – June 2018, Deputy Commander, 57th Maintenance Group, Nellis AFB, Nev.
10. June 2018 – May 2019, Chief, Aircraft and Munitions Maintenance Division, Headquarters Pacific Air Forces, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii
11. June 2019 - Present, Commander, 8th Maintenance Group, Kunsan Air Base, Republic of Korea
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Bronze Star with two oak leaf clusters
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 1, 1997
First Lieutenant June 1, 1999
Captain June 1, 2001
Major April 1, 2007
Lieutenant Colonel June 1, 2012
Colonel Nov. 1, 2018
Current as of June 2019