Col. Patrick Misnick is the Commander, 8th Medical Group, Kunsan Air Base, Republic of Korea. As the Group Commander, he leads 158 personnel, covering two diverse medical and support operations squadrons, providing care for 2,800 assigned active duty personnel in 19 units. He executes a $3.5 million budget and oversees $29 million in infrastructure, 13 buildings, 57 War Reserve Material assemblages and 8 Home Station Medical Response projects while supporting 13 diverse services including a 24-hour ambulance response capability.
Colonel Misnick enlisted in the United States Air Force in 1991 and received his commission in 2000. Since then he has accumulated healthcare administration leadership experience in resource management and readiness operations as well as logistics policy, programs and operations. Colonel Misnick completed an Education with Industry opportunity with Cardinal Health, held action officer and Branch Chief positions in the Air Force Medical Operations Agency and deployed twice to joint commands. He is a Fellow with the American College of Healthcare Executives.
1993 Associate of Applied Science, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1998 Bachelor of Business Administration, Faulkner University, Montgomery, Ala.
2000 Master of Business Administration, William Carey University, Hattiesburg, Miss.
2003 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence
2008 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2012 Graduate Certificate, Acquisitions and Supply Chain Management, UMUC, Adelphi, Md.
2012 Intermediate Executive Skills Course, San Antonio, Texas
2014 Air War College, by correspondence
2018 Joint Senior Medical Leadership Course, Falls Church, Va.
2018 Combined Senior Leadership Course, Falls Church, Va.
1. July – August 2000, Officer Training School (DG), Commissioned Officer Training, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2. August – November 2000, Health Services Administration Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
3. November 2000 – August 2002, Medical Information Management Flight Commander, 319th MDG, Grand Forks AFB, N.D.
4. September 2001 – June 2003, Medical Logistics Flight Commander, 319th MDG, Grand Forks AFB, N.D.
5. June 2003 – June 2004, Medical Logistics Flight Commander, 31st MDG, Aviano Air Base, Italy
6. June 2004 – August 2006, Resource Management Flight Commander, 31st MDG, Aviano AB, Italy
7. August 2006 – June 2007, AFIT Education with Industry, Cardinal Health, McGaw Park, Ill.
8. June 2007 – June 2009, Chief, Field Support Team, Air Force Medical Operations Agency, Medical Logistics Division, Ft Detrick, Md.
9. June 2009 – June 2013, Medical Logistics Flight Commander, 48th MDG, RAF Lakenheath, England
10. November 2012 – February 2013, Medical Readiness Flight Commander, 48th MDG, RAF Lakenheath, England
11. June 2013 – June 2016, Chief, Air Force Medical War Reserve Materiel Industrial Operations, Air Force Medical Operations Agency, Medical Logistics Division, Joint Base San Antonio Lackland-Kelly, Texas
12. June 2016 – July 2018, Commander, 59th Medical Logistics Readiness Squadron, JB San Antonio Lackland, Texas
13. July 2018- May 2019, Chief, Medical Readiness Division, Headquarters Air Education and Training Command, Command Surgeon’s Directorate, JB San Antonio-Randolph, Texas
14. June 2019 - Present, Commander, 8th Medical Group, Kunsan AB, Republic of Korea
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Army Achievement Medal
Afghanistan Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Korean Defense Service Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant July 24, 2000
First Lieutenant Sept. 4, 2000
Captain Sept. 4, 2002
Major Aug. 1, 2007
Lieutenant Colonel May 1, 2012
Colonel Feb. 1, 2019
(Current as of June 2019)