Colonel Jennifer Nevius is the Commander, 8th Mission Support Group, Kunsan Air Base, Republic of Korea. As the Group Commander, she is responsible for the leadership and management of five diverse squadrons that provide base communications, engineering, security, law enforcement, transportation, supply, personnel support, logistics readiness, education, food services, housing and recreation activities to over 2,700 active duty Airmen and Soldiers.
Colonel Nevius has a broad force support background with assignments at base-level, Major Command headquarters, Air Staff, and a Combatant Command. Her Force Support experience includes policy, legislation, strategic planning and communication, protocol, rated management, readiness, and force management analytics. Colonel Nevius commanded at the squadron-level in the CENTCOM AOR and was responsible for the manpower and personnel management, contingency lodging, food service, fitness, education, mortuary affairs, and recreational activities supporting more than 2,000 US forces daily at Ali Al Salem Air Base, Kuwait.
Colonel Nevius was raised in Pekin, Illinois and enlisted in the Illinois Air National Guard in 1989. After 6 years in Air National Guard and upon graduation from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, she entered the Regular Air Force in 1996 when she received her commission from Officer Training School at Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1995 Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Champaign, Ill.
1998 Master of Arts in Human Resource Development, The George Washington University, Washington D.C.
2000 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2003 U.S. Marine Corps Amphibious Warfare School (via seminar) 2003 Air Force Strategic Policy Intern, Pentagon, Washington D.C. 2006 Air Command & Staff College (by correspondence) 2007 Department of Defense Executive Leadership Development Program 2011 Air War College (by correspondence)
2016 Joint Senior Public Affairs Officer Course, Defense Information School, Fort Meade, Md.
1. July 1996 – March 1998, Squadron Section Commander, 71st Fighter Squadron, Langley Air Force Base,Va. 2. March 1998 – February 1999, Chief, Relocations & Employment, 1stMission Support Squadron, Langley AFB, Va.
3. February 1999 – January 2001, Chief, Rated Officer Assignments, Headquarters Pacific Air Forces, Hickam
4. January 2001 – May 2002, Chief, Personnel Readiness Branch, Headquarters Pacific Air Forces, Hickam
5. June 2002 – June 2003, Air Force Intern assigned to the Joint Staff J1 Personnel Readiness Division and to
the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Manpower and Reserve Affairs, Pentagon, Washington,D.C.
6. July 2003 – June 2005, Military Personnel Flight Commander, 4th Mission Support Squadron, Seymour
Johnson AFB, N.C.
7. July 2005 – May 2007, Deputy Chief, Strategic Plans Branch, Deputy Chief of Staff for Manpower, Personnel
and Services, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
8. June 2007 – January 2008, Assistant Executive Officer to the Deputy Chief of Staff for Manpower, Personnel
and Services, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
9. January 2008 – June 2009, Legislative Liaison for Manpower, Personnel and Services Programs and Policy,
Secretary of the Air Force Office of the Legislative Liaison, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
10. June 2009 – June 2010, Commander, 386th Expeditionary Force Support Squadron, Ali Al Salem Air Base,
11. July 2010 – March 2012, Chief, Personnel Operations & Plans Branch, J1 Directorate of Personnel,
Headquarters United States Special Operations Command, MacDill AFB,Fla.
12. April 2012 – July 2013, Chief, Command Protocol, Headquarters United States Special Operations
Command, MacDill AFB, Fla.
13. August 2013 – May 2015, Chief, Enlisted Force Management Branch, Directorate of Military Force
Management, Deputy Chief of Staff of the Air Force for Manpower, Personnel and Services, Pentagon,
14. Jun 2015 – July 17, Chief, Integrated Plans & Strategy Branch, Secretary of theAir Force Office of Public
Affairs, Pentagon, WashingtonD.C.
15. July 17 – Present, Chief, Resources & Requirements Division, Directorate of Services, Deputy Chief of Staff
for Manpower, Personnel and Services, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
16. June 2019 - Present, Commander, 8th Mission Support Group, Kunsan AB, Republic of Korea
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Air Force Meritorious Service Medal with 4 oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Joint Service Achievement Medal with 1 oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with 1 oak leaf cluster
2014 Air Force-level individual winner of the General Benjamin O. Davis, Jr. Management Engineering Award
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 3, 1996
First Lieutenant May 3, 1998
Captain May 3, 2000
Major April 1, 2006
Lieutenant Colonel April 1, 2011
Colonel July 1, 2017
(Current as of June 2019)