Chief Master Sergeant Steve. C. Cenov is the Command Chief Master Sergeant for the 8th Fighter Wing, Kunsan Air Base, Republic of Korea. Serving as the wing's senior enlisted leader, Chief Cenov is the principle advisor to the commander on matters influencing the readiness, training, education, and resiliency of more than 2,700 forward-stationed and combat-ready Airmen, Soldiers, and Civilian members. The wing is responsible for the plans, support, and execution of military operations in support of counter-air, aerial interdiction, and close-air support in defense of more than 51 million citizens of the Republic of Korea. He also provides critical interface with the senior enlisted leadership of the Republic of Korea Air Force, serving to foster better understanding and improved readiness of our allied partners.
Chief Cenov enlisted in the Air Force in May of 1999 and his background includes various duties in the security forces career field. He has held various leadership positions while serving at squadron, group, wing, and MAJCOM levels. He has deployed in support of operations Southern Watch, Iraqi Freedom, New Dawn, Enduring Freedom, Inherent Resolve and completed overseas tours in Alaska, Italy, Japan, Turkey and Germany.
2001 Arctic Survival School, Eielson Air Force Base, Alaska
2003 Airman Leadership School, Aviano Air Base, Italy
2005 Associates in Criminal Justice, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2006 Associates in Police Science, Central Texas College, Killeen, Texas
2008 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Kadena AB, Japan
2009 Contingency War Planners Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2009 Bachelors in Criminal Justice, American Military University, Manassas, W. Va. (With Honors)
2010 Masters in Emergency Management, TUI University, Cypress, Calif. (Magna Cum Laude)
2012 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB-Gunter Annex, Ala.
2012 Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) National Academy (NA–253) Quantico, Va.
2013 Masters in Criminal Justice Education, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Va. (Summa Cum Laude)
2014 Professional Manager Certification, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2014 Integrated Defense Command and Control Course, Joint Base San Antonio–Lackland, Texas
2015 Security Forces Advanced Officer Course, JB San Antonio–Lackland, Texas
2017 Joint & Combined Warfighting School, National Defense University, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va. 2017 Command Chief Master Sergeant Training Course, JB Andrews, Md.
2018 NATO Nuclear Policy Course, Oberammergau, Germany
2018 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2018 Continuous Process Improvement for Executives, Institute for Defense and Business, Cincinnati, Ohio
2018 Leading Strategically, Center for Creative Leadership, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1. May 1999 – June 1999, student, Basic Military Training, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
2. June 1999 – September 1999, student, Security Police Technical School, Lackland AFB, Texas
3. October 1999 – October 2002, Security Forces Member, Response Force Leader, Security Forces Controller, 354th Security Forces Squadron, Eielson AFB, Alaska
4. October 2002 – November 2005, Vault Storage Area Supervisor, Security Forces Evaluator, Assistant NCOIC, Standardization & Evaluation, 31st Security Forces Squadron, Aviano Air Base, Italy
5. January 2006 – December 2007, Assistant Flight Chief, NCOIC Investigation, Operations Staff NCO and NCOIC, Supply & Equipment, 28th Security Forces Squadron, Ellsworth AFB, S.D. (August 2006 – March 2007, NCOIC Plans & Programs, Al Udeid AB, Qatar)
6. January 2008 – January 2012, Flight Chief, NCOIC, Logistics and Unit Deployment Manager, 374th Security Forces Squadron, Yokota AB, Japan (February – August 2010, NCOIC, East Gate, Joint Base Balad, Iraq and June – December 2011, Air Mobility Division Fly Away Security Manager, Al Udeid AB, Qatar)
7. January 2012 – October 2014, Operations Superintendent, Superintendent Programs & Resources and Manager, Contingency & Deployment, HQ AETC/A7S, JB San Antonio–Randolph, Texas (June 2014 – September 2014, Chief, Joint Defense Operations Center, Kandahar AB, Afghanistan)
8. October 2014 – April 2015, Security Forces Manager and Operations Superintendent, 902d Security Forces Squadron, JB San Antonio–Randolph, Texas
9. April 2015 – January 2017, Security Forces Manager, 22d Security Forces Squadron, McConnell AFB, KS (April 2016 – October 2016, Security Forces Manager, Bagram AB, Afghanistan)
10. January 2017 – January 2018, Group Superintendent, 39th Weapons System Security Group, Incirlik AB, Turkey
11. January 2018 – May 2019, Group Superintendent, 52d Munitions Maintenance Group, Spangdahlem AB, Germany
12. May 2019 – Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant for the 8th Fighter Wing, Kunsan Air Base, Republic of Korea
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Bronze Star Medal
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with one silver oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with one bronze oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with one bronze oak leaf cluster Air Force Recognition Ribbon
2008 374th Security Forces Squadron NCO of the Year
2009 374th Security Forces Squadron NCO of the Year
2010 374th Mission Support Group SNCO of the Year
2010 PACAF Security Forces Flight SNCO of the Year
2011 HQ Air Force Security Forces Staff NCO of the Year
2016 3rd Cavalry Regiment Shoulder Sleeve (Combat Patch)
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman Basic May 6, 1999
Airman Nov. 6, 1999
Airman First Class Sept. 6, 2000
Senior Airman Nov. 6, 2001
Staff Sergeant July 1, 2003
Technical Sergeant July 1, 2006
Master Sergeant July 1, 2010
Senior Master Sergeant March 1, 2013
Chief Master Sergeant Dec.1, 2015
(Current as of June 2019)